Re: buckle -f is good for debugging

Adam Borowski writes ("buckle -f is good for debugging"):
> It still puzzles me why the manufacturer found it more cost effective to
> implement one button a physically different way than the three others,
> requiring a whole keyboard emulation stack, but hey, at least it works now.

The USB stack is just software.  Doing it this way avoids having to do
anything nontrivial to the audio path in the microcontroller.
(Buttons are cheaper than potentiometers and last longer too.)

I'd like to think that the mic mute switch is that way for privacy
reasons, but it's probably simply that it is easy to implement: just
interrupt the mic wire.  It even saves a gpio line to the
microcontroller.

Ian.