Re: "Debian red" used to describe color of clothing

On Sun, 2017-04-30 at 20:12 +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> I suspect that the official naming of that color as "Debian Red" is a
> result of the trademarking of our logo. Strangely though, the #D70A53
> color does not match the color definition of the swirl (or the dot of
> the "i") in the open logo, which has #A80030 instead.

That is partially explained here:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianLogo#The_red_color

"HEX - #d70a53  - conversion by Gimp (a color which by the way seems to
be called "Debian Red" officially, see e.g. this page)"

I also seem to remember Debian merchandise produced by Debian folks
favouring this colour over the other Debian red colours.

> Side note: wasn't using our name in the code name of some other software
> product a dilution of our trademark? IANAL, but I suspect that it is.

It wasn't used as the code name of the software, but the name of the
theme based on the 'Debian Red' colour. Journalists were mistaken.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise