Re: Package naming rant

On 2016-04-18 at 11:26:26 +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> I could have pre-fixed all packages with "openstack-" like they did in
> RDO/Red Hat, but this has proven to be really not convenient at all for
> OpenStack users, with for example, names like this one:
> [...]
> Adding an "openstack-" prefix would be really a lot of additional
> typing, both for package maintainers and final users, and it wouldn't
> help our final users so much.

Wait, does this mean that there is actually some people out there who is
still typing package names?

I thought that everybody was just copypasting them from some web page /
running apt from a script that had been curled and piped to the shell!

(or — but this is getting a bit OT for this list — using tab to complete
the name, or some other sensible way not to type long lists of names
multiple times, including using orchestration tools etc.)
--
Elena ``of Valhalla''