Mr. Palfrader, would you please get out of that tube?

Yes, this appeared in Slashdot, not in Debian. But still, it's
perfectly good d-curiosa material:

     https://science.slashdot.org/story/16/04/29/1858256/weasel-apparently-shuts-down-worlds-most-powerful-particle-collider

     Weasel Apparently Shuts Down World's Most Powerful Particle Collider

     A small mammal has sabotaged the world's most powerful scientific
     instrument. The Large Hadron Collider, a 17-mile superconducting
     machine designed to smash protons together at close to the speed
     of light, went offline overnight. Engineers investigating the
     mishap found the charred remains of a furry creature near a
     gnawed-through power cable. "We had electrical problems, and we
     are pretty sure this was caused by a small animal," says Arnaud
     Marsollier, head of press for CERN, the organization that runs
     the $7 billion particle collider in Switzerland. Although they
     had not conducted a thorough analysis of the remains, Marsollier
     says they believe the creature was "a weasel, probably." The
     shutdown comes as the LHC was preparing to collect new data on
     the Higgs Boson, a fundamental particle it discovered in
     2012. The Higgs is believed to endow other particles with mass,
     and it is considered to be a cornerstone of the modern theory of
     particle physics.

     CERN says the creature may have been a marten.