Re: Package naming rant

Thomas,

On 23/04/2016 01:42, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 04/21/2016 10:47 PM, Aigars Mahinovs wrote:
>> You can make a openstack-fuel-agent package and it will be clear that it
>> is useless to people that do not know what openstack is. By making a
>> package in a general namespace you are basically saying that this
>> package is useful to everyone, that people do not need to know or use
>> openstack for it to be useful to them.
>
> As I wrote in another reply, Fuel could be used in another context than
> just OpenStack. It's not the case now, but maybe it will happen one day.
>
> On a more general way, I'm really disappointed by this thread.

Your packages are very fine. There is nothing you can do about their names
and adding "openstack" in them will not serve any serious goal.

You should not take this thread personally and let people rant. People have
different point of views (to be taken seriously or not). You cannot convince
everyone. At most, the initial message in this thread should make you smile.
:-) You should ignore the rest if it affects you personally.

Keep up your good work on OpenStack!

--
Mehdi