Re: To override or not to override?

I thought this was a poem before I got to the else

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 10:29 AM, Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> wrote:
* Gianfranco Costamagna <locutusofborg@debian.org>, 2016-01-15, 15:55:
lintian is wrong in this case, so there is no need to override it.

Um, no; on the contrary, Lintian being wrong is the only legitimate reason to add an override.

Here's how one should deal with Lintian tags:

if my package is buggy:
        if I'm being lazy:
                leave the tag un-overridden,
                (so that it serves as a reminder
                for the future less-lazy me)
        else:
                fix the package
else:
        add override
        if Lintian could be fixed easily:
                file a bug against Lintian
                while Lintian is still buggy:
                        wait patiently
                remove override

--
Jakub Wilk

--
All programmers are playwrights, and all computers are lousy actors.

#define sizeof(x) rand()
:wq