Re: watch files failing due to usa government shutdown

There are lots of economic data releases (including the 'most important of each month' non-farm payrolls report, from last Friday) being post-poned each day...

Lots of computer/algos that control these sorts of things going crazy when the humans don't adjust them.  In the classic markets and also in Bitcoin.

Really interesting posts, thanks!

On 05.10.2013, at 22:13, Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org> wrote:

On Sat, Oct 05, 2013 at 07:17:22PM +0000, Bart Martens wrote:
> Remarkable.  The usa government shutdown now leads to closing websites and
> failing watch files.
>
> The watch file :
>
>  |  version=3
>  |  opts=uversionmangle=s/^(\d)(\d)(\d)$/$1.$2.$3/ \
>  |  http://math.nist.gov/tnt/download.html (?:.*/|)jama(\d[^o]*)\.(?:tgz|tbz2|txz|tar\.(?:gz|bz2|xz)|zip)
>
> The uscan result :
>
>  |  uscan warning: In watchfiles/libjama_1.2.4-2.watch,
>  |    no matching hrefs for watch line
>  |    http://math.nist.gov/tnt/download.html (?:.*/|)jama(\d[^o]*)\.(?:tgz|tbz2|txz|tar\.(?:gz|bz2|xz)|zip)
>
> The website states :
>
>  |  NIST Closed, NIST and Affiliated Web Sites Not Available
>  |  Due to a lapse in government funding, the National Institute of Standards and
>  |  Technology (NIST) is closed and most NIST and affiliated web sites are
>  |  unavailable until further notice. We sincerely regret the inconvenience.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bart Martens

Not just this - but tons of OpenGov data is also unreachable; nuts!

Thanks for the pointers!

Cheers,
 Paul

--