Re: Debian Food Planet

Le 09/11/2012 23:19, Lennart Sorensen a écrit :
On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 10:59:37PM +0100, Manuel Görlich wrote:
Am 09.11.2012 um 22:19 schrieb Lupe Christoph<lupe@lupe-christoph.de>:

On Friday, 2012-11-09 at 15:58:29 +0100, Jakub Wilk wrote:

AFAIK you can't copyright a recipe because it's "just instructions".
So, you can't copyright a recipe because it is 'just' a set of instructions, but you can copyright program code because…???? dafuq?
I think the idea is that you can tell someone what the instructions are
in a recipe and that's fine.  Making a photocopy of the book it is in
on the other hand would violate copyright.

So making a program that does the same thing as another program is fine,
but you can't just copy the code.  Same instructions, different
implementation.

Yep! but you can copy/publish the "recipe program" from the book, while you avoid stylish
and comments which are authoring!

It remains me a sue on copyright violation, where comments saved FS because they proofed
that the FS sued was /the original/ version ;)