Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 10:38:04AM +0200, Giacomo Catenazzi wrote:
> Holger Levsen wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >On Mittwoch, 29. Juli 2009, Frans Pop wrote:
> >>So from now on we release "when it's time" instead of "when it's ready"?
> >
> >I think you got this wrong: AIUI: we freeze, when it's time (and
> >December can become January or February... too) and release when
> >it's ready. Sounds good to me.
>
> Hoping that we are not taking more than two years of freezing (once
> we were near to such "goal").
>
> A double/deep freeze will need a lot of flames to return to normal
> temperatures, and these two extremes temperatures are not so good.

curiously enough, the same applies with s/freeze/fry/

filippo
--
Filippo Giunchedi - http://esaurito.net - 0x6B79D401

At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will
find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on
the computer.
tried it.
-- Donald Knuth