Re: ssh.upload.debian.org

Peter Palfrader <weasel@debian.org>:
>  On Tue, 30 Sep 2008, MJ Ray wrote:
>
> > Posting a simple mail like "I can't predict why we might want to move
> > it, but it seems like a possibility we should leave open and yes,
> > ftp-master was a symbolic name, but isn't the best one now. Please use
> > the new symbolic names." a few messages back might have stopped this.
>
>  It also isn't accurate.  The name was changed for the very reason that
>  upload place should be uncoupled from archive maint place, for the few
>  times where ries does go down.  It was proposed when this happened last
>  time, a few weeks back.
>
>  Just because *you* don't get it doesn't mean it's stupid.

Reading this, it looks like a classic "Debian gotcha", as in, "Oh!
You didn't know we were going that way?  Read Changelog!"  Except this
one bites DDs instead of users.  Welcome to the party.

I wonder if one of these days /etc is going to be bound up in a
reiserfs based registry.

Just kidding, sorta.