Re: dopewars do we need such a game in debian distribution?

Shawn McMahon <smcmahon@eiv.com> wrote:
> You might want to find better examples.  I'm not familiar with the
> statistics in your country, but here in the US, tobacco-related
> illnesses are about 50 times as likely to kill you as homicide, and
> alcohol-related deaths are about equal to homicides.  By any objective
> measure, drugs are way more dangerous than violence, even if you only
> count the legal drugs.

The statistics are probably even worse here from that point of view; not
because we're a bunch of drunk ex-convicts, but because we have fewer
homocides than a bunch of violent puritans. :)

I was really responding to the assertion that violence is human nature
and therefore acceptable and that drugs are unnatural and therefore evil.
If all it takes is that people have done it since the beginning of time,
then drugs are all good.
--
Sam Couter         |  mailto:sam@couter.id.au