Re: dopewars do we need such a game in debian distribution?

On Sat, 2008-03-01 at 09:20 +1100, Sam Couter wrote:

> So something which causes actual harm... that's okay. Something that
> wowsers use as a bogeyman to scare children and impose their moral
> judgements on others (through violence if necessary), that's bad. Got it.
>
> You puritans are nuts.
>
> You're also wrong about the drugs. Neanderthals used them before humans
> were human. The beginnings of agriculture may be attributed to the
> desire to cultivate drugs such as tobacco. Animals sometimes use drugs
> too. Look up the amarula tree on YouTube for amusing footage of some
> very drunk elephants.

You might want to find better examples.  I'm not familiar with the
statistics in your country, but here in the US, tobacco-related
illnesses are about 50 times as likely to kill you as homicide, and
alcohol-related deaths are about equal to homicides.  By any objective
measure, drugs are way more dangerous than violence, even if you only
count the legal drugs.

Not that I think dopewars should be out; as long as somebody's willing
to maintain the package, I say keep it.