Re: Bits from the Testing Security team

Nico Golde escreveu:
Hi Francesco,
* Francesco P. Lovergine <frankie@debian.org> [2007-10-15 16:05]:
On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 11:20:02AM +0200, Nico Golde wrote:
Yes true but in most cases the code base is nearly the same and we can check this without knowing ;)

I wonder if in those special cases an Embed: <source> tag could be added in
debian/control to help tracking things.
That would be a nice thing, also if this would include information if the code is really included or just statically linked against it.
Well, I would consider statically linking a non embedded (i.e. a packaged) library a bug... Are there known cases where this is a required condition?

Yes, dpkg for example links statically against libbz2 and zlib just to pick a famous example.
Kind regards
Nico

So ... do as i say, don't do as i do !!!

kind regards

Luis Matos