Re: Why no Opera?

s. keeling <keeling@nucleus.com> didn't write, but could have:
> [privatized] medicine is destroying medical care.  The
> "clients/patients" don't have to care what it costs because "the
> [insurer]" pays for it.  "The system" is terrified of pee-ing off
> [rabid anarcho-capitalists and ignorant manipulated people],
> so they pay whatever "the [insurer]" says it costs.  The [patients]
> don't [know or] care what it costs, because "the [insurers]" pay
> whatever the caregivers says it costs.
>
> Consequently, [patients] are the least cost conscious consumers on the
> planet, since all costs are "externalized" to [poor people] and
> [insurance companies] ("the system").

Those of us who live in countries with publicly funded health care pay
less both per capita and as a percentage of GDP and yet we still get
higher quality care.

I think you need to examine some actual evidence (you know, that pesky
"reality" thing) before making bald assertions based on ideology.
--
Sam Couter         |  mailto:sam@couter.id.au