Re: discussion with the FSF: GPLv3, GFDL, Nexenta

Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net> wrote:
> On Sunday 03 June 2007 14:46:12 Anthony W. Youngman wrote:
> > And what about societies without money? "fee" does NOT equal "money".
> > Your "common knowledge" is not my understanding ...
>
> Okay, now I'm really curious. Exactly which "societies without money" are
> you talking about?

I'll let the PP answer for himself, but mention that money can be seen as
a trick and you can read more about that view in Robert Tressell's book The
Ragged-Trousered Philanthropist, which is PD at Gutenberg;  and also that
local exchange trading schemes exist, but would it make something any less
a fee if someone can trade their work as payment?

Regards,
--
MJR/slef