Re: Can I advertise on lists.debian.org?

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 12:40:46PM -0800, Patience Pechette wrote:

> I can spend $30 for an ad on:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2005/09/msg00123.html?
> for a printer ink company.

> I can supply the ad to you with payment if you're interested.

We used to have a going rate for advertisements sent to the mailing
lists, but we removed it after a few years because nobody used it. The
rate was a 1000,- USD donation to Software in the Public Interest Inc,
our sister organisation, per advertisement (or 1999,- USD for arrears
payments). I'm sure that if you are interested, the people in charge
of that kind of things would be willing to consider such an
arrangement with you, although it is not posted rate/policy
anymore. Please contact listmaster@lists.debian.org if you are
interested.

If you are based in Europe, we can find Europe-based organisations
that you can donate to instead, don't let that stop you.

Best Regards,

--
Lionel