Re: etch before vista

Vendredi 24 mars 2006, 12:43:46 CET, Thomas Bushnell BSG a écrit :

> A Mennucc <debdev@mennucci.sns.it> writes:
>
> > I hope we do manage to release in Dec 2005 (and I thank people who
> >  work hard to this end).
>
> Yes, that would be really cool.  Do we have any temporal engineers in
> Debian who can get to work on this right away?
>
> Actually, now that I think of it, we don't need to get to work on it
> right away.  We can just wait for the necessary technology, and then

If it would, etch should have been released by now. As it isn't the case,
that means, either:
1. we won't have the technology (sad);
2. or noboby will use it to go back in time to release Etch earlier.

Maybe that, if someone in the future is to have the technology, they
will use it to get future Debian releases earlier (that is: in our
future) instead of making old ones released earlier in their past (which
is near our present).

So, I propose the name of the next release to be: headache.

--
 Sylvain Sauvage