ATI is now AMD

Yo!

(Note - I would really post this to planet, except that my blog-like
homepage is not in planet, and shouldn't go there because 99% of the
content shouldn't go to planet and nanoblogger can't do RSS feeds for
single channels AFAIK.)

I just read that AMD bought ATI.  Is AMD better in terms of Linux support
than ATI?  Does anybody have contacts inside AMD or ATI who might be able
to influence management to change the policy wrt open source graphics
drivers now that the company has changed hands?

Just a thought
-- vbi

--
BOFH excuse #78:

Yes, yes, its called a design limitation