Fedora news

Yo!

I get a weird feeling reading this ZDNews article...

 <http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5534343.html>

First about ZDNet: Hey folks, this all is really not about 'gratis software'
at all.  I don't have the impression Mr. Shankland understands this at all.

RedHat: are they - again - trying to duplicate Debian (and other community
driven projects)?  Fedora Extra --> something like apt-get.org, or a mix
between that and contrib?  Allowing outsiders to get patches into Fedora?
Wow, I thought that's what community support meant in the first place.  I
didn't realize they failed that miserably in the first place.  And, oh,
yes, PPC and AMD64 support. Great news, isn't it.

I really wonder if RedHat wouldn't be better off by just switching to being
a Debian-based distribution - they'd have their community here, and RH has
the manpower to enhance Debian enough to sell it as a product of their
own...

(Ok, I admit it, this is all just because it's whine-about-RH week for me,
apparently.)

-- vbi

--
Beware of the FUD - know your enemies. This week
    * The Alexis de Toqueville Institue *