Re: No G or K in... was Re: Debian parody

El Wednesday 31 August 2005 04:17, Joe Smith escribió:
> >There are no Gs in any OS name that I can think of right now...
>
> Debian GNU/Linux
>             ^^
>
> Please add more if you can.

Hmm, Win95 was codenamed "Chicago" during development ;)

GM OS
A very early operating system developed by General Motors for the IBM 701.
Unnamed. About 1955 [Steel 1964].

SAGE
Semi-Automatic Ground Environment system. Control Program for IBM AN/FSQ7 to
monitor weapons systems. First real-time control system. Late 1950s [Everett
et al 1957].

GCOS
General Comprehensive OS. Honeywell Series 60 and 6000 systems. Based on
GECOS. Early 1970's.

GECOS III
Multiprogrammed OS for GE 600 series computers. Late 1960s [Sayres 1971].

George 1,2,3, and 4
OS for various models of ICL 1900 series computers. Late 1960s [Cuttle &
Robinson 1970, Goodman 1972, Oestreicher 1971].

GEOS
Graphics Operating System for Commodore 64, based on GEM. Commodore Business
Machines, Inc. Mid 1980s.

GUARDIAN
Operating System for Tandem NonStop Computers, featuring high reliability.
Early 1980s [Serlin 1984].

AEGIS
OS for the Apollo DOMAIN Distributed system. Early 1980s.

Galaxy
A distributed UNIX-compatible system featuring multi-level IPC and
variable-weight processes. Univ. of Tokyo, late 1980s [Sinha et al 1991].

Spring
Distributed multiplatform OS developed by Sun. Not related to the Spring
Kernel, a real-time system. 1990s [Mitchell et al 1994].

http://www.csee.wvu.edu/~jdm/classes/cs258/OScat/