A Setback For Linux

LMAO

Forbes was reporting yesterday on the whole Bitkeeper/kernel thingy.
Somebody either just read some headlines and thought he'd write a story.
(And, sadly, I guess with Linux being a buzzword nowadays, and the typical
Forbes readership not knowing much about Linux and how it is developed, it
will even make a splash.)

<http://www.forbes.com/business/2005/05/25/cz_dl_0525linux.html>

Anybody found the second part of that article yet? (Supposed to be published
today.)

> McVoy says BitKeeper lets Linux programmers crank out new versions twice
> as fast as they could before. BitKeeper also has protected the integrity
> of Linux. In 2003, BitKeeper detected a "back door" that a hacker had
> tried to plant into the operating system. Without BitKeeper, Linux now may
> be more vulnerable to such breaches, McVoy says.

Yeah, sure.  BitKeeper has built-in IDS and whatnot.  And a builtin coffee
machine, too, and a Pizza delivery device.  Pull the other one.

greetings
-- vbi

--
Protect your privacy - encrypt your email: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/intro