Re: {SPAM} Re: Debian-based gadget: Nokia 770

On Wednesday May 25 2005 3:48 pm, Daniel Ruoso wrote:

> One question we could think about is: Which are the political
> differences (from our point of view) from nokia to microsoft,
> considering the position of nokia about the software patents?

Well, one thing that puts Nokia/Microsoft in an Apple/Orange
comparison:

* Nokia makes portable radios to talk on the phone network.  By
extension, their primary goal in business appears to be to build a
better radio.  By proxy, they provide better public safety through
more accessable communications.  My only real beef with them is if
you take one of their products, combine them with a driver from
California, and put the result on a Portland freeway, you probably
have the reason I'm late and a very small part as to why health care
is ungodly expensive in the States.

* Microsoft just resells ideas, and they don't seem to care about how
they get them.  Their primary goal in business appears to be to take
all the ideas, then slander, libel and litigate those who had them.
While their products don't usually cause a stumbling block for the
commute, their products are usually the reason nobody can get any
work done...

--
Paul Johnson
Email and Instant Messenger (Jabber): baloo@ursine.ca