Re: Paranoider Deutschenmoerder kommt in Psychiatrie (verification)

On Sunday 15 May 2005 12.33, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Sunday May 15 2005 1:47 am, mailhost@newsguy.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just received your mail and noticed it is coming from an address
> > I have not received mail from before. I would really appreciate it
> > if you would help me separate your message from the spam that shows
> > up in my mailbox every day, by clicking on this link to verify you
> > intended to send mail to my address...
>
> Ah, yes, autogenerating more spam based on arbitrary email with the
> list as a From: address being received.  One of the many reasons
> challenge-response systems are considered harmful...

I approve any challenges for which I am not responsible (i.e. email
challenge spam) as a matter of principle, and I invite everybody to do the
same.

I usually do not react to challenges if I actually *was* the originator of
the mail triggering that challenge.  Except in cases where I really, really
want to reach the recipient (IIRC this was exactly once, so far.)

-- vbi

--
All you need to know is the user interface.