Re: unhappy customer

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 08:03:35PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 06:09:10PM +0200, Moss wrote:
> > Mandatory here.
>
> Here too.  Not sure when it became that way.

Here in the United States, it was 1967, in part due to the exposure of
car safety issues and political pressure organized by Ralph Nader.

I assume from your address that "Here" is Canada for you, I believe
that requiring seat belts in vehicles were part of the the 1971 Motor
Vehicle Safety Act there, but I'm not sure.

> > So, german cars are all unsafe.  Seatbelts are mandatory here.
>
> I hope they are mandetory everywhere by now.

I think some developing nations might not bother requiring them.  I
hope the car manufacturers don't make special models for those
countries where seat belts are an "option".

-Gleef