Re: Debian Umbrella

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 04:23:22PM +0000, M.Kirchhoff wrote:

> As for the design, I think the coolest would be a solid black umbrella with a
> red Debian spiral centered around the "peak" of the umbrella.  I'm not sure
> that's possible, however; most of the custom designs I've seen are a simple logo
> on the outer edge of a single section (like this:
> http://www.neathrfc.co.uk/images/golf-umbrella.jpg).

If I may, a black umbrella risks being a bit unnoticed, while a solid
white umbrella certainly wouldn't, as it will reflect more light.

Also, a solid white umbrella can be used to protect from the sun, too,
while a black umbrella would give a bit of greenhouse effect.

For selling, you could get in touch with the people organizing the
various booths at the various incoming confs: an umbrella with a
full-sized swirl on top would be an extra cool gadget to have on sale,
and maybe you could also interest some of the people with access to
gadget funds.

If you can have total control over the contents of the full cloth, it'd
also be interesting to consider a white background with a pattern made
with all the names of all the maintainers (or all the packages if the
maintainers aren't enough) printed with a small font one next to each
other.

Ciao,

Enrico