Re: buildd's strike back

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 10:00:47PM -0400, Mike Furr wrote:
> Oh man, this is just plain cruel. LOL
>
> from [0]:
>
> Automatic build of xfree86_4.3.0.dfsg.1-6 on voltaire by sbuild/powerpc
> 1.170.5
> Build started at 20040708-1726
> [snip]
> Full build of XFree86 version 4.3.0.1 (15 August 2003) complete.
> [snip]
> dh_compress
> dh_fixperms
> dh_fixperms: command returned error code
> make: *** [stampdir/binary-arch] Error 1
> [...]
> Finished at 20040708-2052
> Build needed 03:08:51, 3453320k disk space

You think buildd's are cruel? Wait 'till you've seen something loop
infinitely, producing a buildd log file of 250MB. I'd say maintainers
are cruel :-P

Yes, I've actually seen that happen, on quickstep. I don't have a
reference, because buildd log files are sent to buildd.debian.org by
mail, and no sane mailserver allows such huge mails; and I don't
remember which package it was, because a) it's been a while, b) I
removed the log (250MB it way too much), and c) quickstep's hard disk
died in the mean time (so I couldn't check any other logs). It was only
because I hadn't seen a logfile from quickstep in a few days that I went
to investigate what it was doing, and noticed what was going on...

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks