Fwd: Re: [ltp] Fedora on Thinkpads

>From a thread on the Linux Thinkpad Mailing List.

I can shrug it off, but I thought you should know 8|

From: Michelle Klein-Hass <bosslady@mail.msgeek.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:33:53 -0800
Subject: Re: [ltp] Fedora on Thinkpads
To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org

>On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 08:35:20 -0800, Michelle Klein-Hass wrote:
>>  >
>>  >BTW, I've looked a Knoppix for learning Linux and like the fact
that
>>  >you boot from the CD and it works with almost any of the filetypes
>>  >out there (FAT32, NTFS and ext3).
>>  >
>>  >James McKenzie
>>
>>  Knoppix also works as an easier installer for Debian Linux than the
>>  standard Debian text-mode installer. Since the Prodigy Installer
>
>Knoppix is not a Debian installer. If you use it, you don't have a
>Debian system, but a Knoppix system. It is based on Debian, but
>contains a lot of packages which are not present in the official Debian
>(e.g. KDE, XFree86 any many more). If you install some updates from the
>official Debian mirrors, you end up with a system which is neither a
>Debian nor a Knoppix.
>
>Regards,
>Tino
>--

It might not be 100% Debian Pure, but the Knoppix disk install
certainly works for me. Also, apt-get is seamless...the German
sources get me anything I want without dependency hell.

Christ, I don't know why Debianistas are so fsckn fanatical...not
only do they call it GNU/Linux, they don't believe that anything
other than the officially installed Debian *is* Debian. Let me guess,
you don't think that Libranet is Debian either? :(

Bloody fanatics...