Re: Boulder Pledge

* Dave Sherohman

| ...unless the replier goes in and manually calls fmt to re-wrap the
| text sanely (or uses 'gq' in vim), then adds a '> ' to the start of
| each line.  But that usually leads to said replier getting really
| annoyed at neverending lines in fairly short order.

(yes, I know, old mail, but I'm catching up on -curiosa. :)

(setq-default sentence-end "[.?!][]\"')}]*[ \n]+")
(setq-default paragraph-start "^[|:> \t]*$")
(setq-default paragraph-separate (default-value 'paragraph-start))
(setq adaptive-fill-regexp (substring (default-value 'paragraph-start) 1 -1))

in .emacs and using M-q to rewrap works nicely here.  I would imagine
other editors can do the same.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-