Re: Wish: Unfreeze Woody and start anew

> and relieves me as a
> System Administrator that I don't have to go through major software
> upgrade pains every 6 months

I unfortunately don't have that luxery. My users demand too-new versions
of things... I think if I left it up to them, they'd run unstable on the
servers.

Potato has too old versions of things to be of much use on a bunch of
the servers. They have run woody for a few months now. I have to track
security updates myself.

I'd be very happy with a faster release schedule. The web work I admin
for requires it. A year would be much better for a lot of people.

> One of the
> reasons I use Debian is that I don't have to expose the stability of my
> systems to Microsoft like release cycles that most of the other Linux
> distributions put their users through.

That's a rather low blow. DeadPhat still does security updates for 6.2,
for example.