Re: why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

On 10/25/2002 11:43:27 AM Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>>    I am concerned that there is no effort being invested to help
>>  this process of discovery; and so much effort is being spent on the
>>  initial simplicity that there is no room for the transition that
>>  comes from familiarity and exploration.  The initial ease of use
>>  would become a strait jacket. Unless the barrier to accessing more
>>  complete menus is lowered.

It was inevitable, that some open-source people would eventually try to
create an open-source "Microsoft Bob(tm)"

I suppose instead of an annoying little cat on the screen, there will be
that little fuzzball from userfriendly.org.

And you-know-who will be unhappy unless "Debian Bob(tm)" also has a gnu as
an on screen character...

Note that I'm not making fun of their hard work, as some users really do
need a MS Bob(tm) work-alike.

An open-source workalike of MS Bob(tm) may even be a realistically useful
first milestone for a new user gui, seriously!