RE: Wish: Unfreeze Woody and start anew

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Starling [mailto:debppcguy@robstarling.org]
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 5:01 AM
To: debian-curiosa@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Wish: Unfreeze Woody and start anew

> yes, but i think it's clear at this point that debian's "stable"
> would almost be better named "stale".  sure, you and i are happy
> to run unstable and deal with the occasional borken package, but
> most institutions refuse to use debian b/c stable is too old, and
> unastable is too iffy.  maybe it's partly in the naming, but they
> really are scared by unstable.

Amen! The last time I tried to pitch Debain for a project, I was soundly
shot
down by how stale the "released" production was.  I'm really hoping that
they get
the release out this summer (not following the main lists, I don't know how
far
they are from it, but my understanding is that it's still a bit off).

CC.