second-one-billion-bug ?

I think I have (with some delay) located a second one billion bug.
When searching for the newest version of one file with a little script, I
used the date command (with options -r,+%s).
The result was not, as expected, the latest file, but the latest with a time
less than one billion. This one isn't of course a native second one billion
problem but more a problem of the bash-tests. As this hasn't been done on a
debian system (but bash 2.05a). Perhaps anyone can verify this is also
present on debian systems (I'm currently far far away from a running one)?
   js
--
I'd horsewhip you if I had a horse.
		-- Groucho Marx