Re: Unidentified subject!

also sprach Rob Latham <rob@terizla.org> [2002.01.31.0359 +0100]:
> and on a debian mailing list, "unrestricted access to source"  is the
> only "free" we care about.  let opera pay for their own advertising
> and evangelism.

okay. but there's no browser alternative to opera. konqueror requires
all the kde stuff, mozilla is to awkward here and there and way too
slow, netscape6 is also non-free, skipstone and galeon don't provide
some of the more advanced stuff i need. i think one of the most
popular flaws of linux-fans is the downscaling of expectations and
standards just to meet the open source ideals. i don't think you
should support the capitalists any more than necessary, but you should
also not harm your own productivity, or deal with less just because
you cannot go non-free. i guess i also just trust opera to not do
illegal stuff or anything behind my back. if they would, then they'd
die, and i think it's one of their primary incentives to overtake
micro$oft in all of performance, price, security, and legality.

1-800-psych
hello, welcome to the psychiatric hotline.
if you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2.