Re: A request

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001 00:46:15 -0300
Peter Cordes <peter@llama.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:

>  From his description, hacker may be appropriate.  If he did have some
> defenses set up, and some black-hat hacked them in order to relay spam, then
> "hack" is indeed the appropriate word.

Does it take a 'black-hat' to set up a spam relay server? I think not. The amount of script kiddie class vulnerabilities lying around its quite possible to do this without any real technical knowledge.

>"hacker" doesn't mean good guy, it's
> neutral.

Indeed. But how many 'hackers' do you know that feel the need to set up spam relay servers? And how many would actually waste their time doing this? Its much more fun to chase after bigger fish.

--

xealon

"All non-free software sucks." -- RMS