Re: Developers by country (updated)

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Edward Betts wrote:

> > Great! Do you plan to publish the code that produces these nice images?
> Sure, will do.

Great, we will praise you as the Debian cartographer and prolly one of the
first of taking the approach of showing a "web of trust"
(geo)graphically. Have you thought about writing some paper about this?
IMHO your approach is very interesting to promote the web of trust idea in
general.

> > This site didn't know some cities over here in Europe
> Really, I have had no problems with it (I am in Europe), can you give me some
> examples?

Yes, of course: Try Schlins (~2000 inhabitants, Austria), AFAIK nobody
important comes from there (only me...).

But if you take Röcken in Germany (you might have to enter it as Rocken in
the query, sigh...), that's the birthplace of Friedrich Nietzsche
http://www.virtusens.de/walther/roecken_e.htm, and not knowing that is
definitely unforgivable ;-).

Alex

--
People often think of research as a form of development -- that it's
about doing exactly what you planned, doing it on time, and doing it