Re: billions and billions of stars.... was: Re: Another easter egg in gnome-something...

Hi!

Just to clear things up a little bit, here's a reasonably complete list of European quantities

1 thousand 10^3
1 million 10^6
1 milliard 10^9
1 billion 10^12
1 billiard 10^15
1 trillion 10^18
1 trilliard 10^21
1 quadrillion 10^24
1 quadilliard 10^27
1 quintillion 10^30
1 quintilliard 10^33
1 sextillion 10^36
1 sextilliard 10^39
1 septillion 10^42
1 septilliard 10^45
1 octillion 10^48
1 octilliard 10^51
1 nonillion 10^54
1 nonilliard 10^57
1 decillion 10^60
1 decilliard 10^63
[...]
1 centillion 10^600

1 googol 10^100
1 googolplex 10^(10^100) - A ridicilously large number

A good site for explaining some of these differences and other stuff is

http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/units/large.html

Best regards,

Pär Karlsson, Sweden

P.S Apologies for the abysmal formatting, due to my mail client. D.S