Re: led test

On 08/21/2001 12:11:18 PM dixon wrote:

>> Hi everybody,
>> I'm writing a test program for the leds on a network box that my company
>> is building and I was looking for suggestions/ideas on a test that would
>> be cool and flashy.  We want to run it at trade shows and stuff.  I was
>> thinking of something like blinking SOS.

Uh, no.  If you blink SOS, you'll have everyone who knows morse code
repeatedly rebooting the thing, or disassembling it because there is a
small person trapped inside trying to send a help message.

1) Have it blink propoganda like "use debian gnu/linux".

2) Have it blink your companies name in morse code.

3) Extra brownie points if it blinks out your bosses name.  Negative points
if it blinks out your bosses name followed by " ... is a jerk"

4) Have it blink out it's load average or temperature or number of lusers
logged in or uptime

5) Have it blink out the source code for decss in morse code, etc.

6) Have it sniff passwords going thru the network and blink them out in
morse code.