Re: [curiosa] Re: Debian Centre of Mass

also sprach Steve M. Robbins (on Sat, 07 Jul 2001 03:43:16PM -0400):
> On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 08:09:50PM +0100, Dafydd Harries wrote:
>
>   [ ... ]
> > I don't think that 0 K (how are you supposed to abbreviate Kelvin
> > without making it look like kilo) [ ... ]
>
> Answer: use the proper lower-case 'k' for "kilo".
>
> 	K = Kelvin
> 	k = kilo

Kelvin is a unit (which is temperature, but which *does not* take the
degree symbol, whereas Celsius and Fahrenheit do! but y'all got that right
anyway). kilo is not a unit, but a metric modifier, so when you find a
K by itself, it's kelvin, and a K followed by another unit letter or
symbol is the metric modifier.

never underestimate the power of human stupidity.