Re: FW: U.K. Labour government backs 7-yr storage of email, phone calls

On Tuesday 29 May 2001 00:55, Jan de Vos wrote:

> > why should i care?
> > i don't use my ISPs mailserver, he never even gets to see my mail.
>
> So you never send e-mail to people who _do_ use an ISP's mailserver?

Hi there,

I heard about a project of a net of mail-servers on the Internet where it
should be possible to send e-mail securely in the following way:
The servers generate Spam traffic every time Mail comes in (i.e. they send
mail not only to the next server they have to send the message but also to
some other server. All e-mails are encryptet with gpg or pgp and the e-mail
You send is encryted with it, too. and it would be easy to make tunnels from
You to the first, say 5, servers.
The only real problem is then: How strong has to be the encryption to be
secure enough for the next years (depending on the importance of the Mail)?

Besides I think that encrypting EVERY message with a middle weight key will
make the EU and other "services" thinking about their goal to filter the
Internet as it has been done in the last years.

Markus Beck