Re: Boulder Pledge

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 03:47, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 03:24:10AM -0800, Alexander Hvostov wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 03:39, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > > By the way, netiquette says you should respect Mail-Followups-To as
> > > well.
> >
> > Considering M-F-T is another of djb's perverse, useless, and/or
> > counterproductive inventions, I find it very difficult to believe that
> > it is somehow required by netiquette to not ignore it.
>
> Yeah OK Alex, whatever. Very mature.

I don't like his software. I feel that it is, in general, perverse,
useless, and/or counterproductive. I also feel that M-F-T falls into the
'useless' category because it is not standardized or widely implemented,
and the 'counterproductive' category because people assume that it _is_
standardized and widely implemented, resulting in arguments such as this
one.

Does my opinion make me immature?

> Here's one you can't argue with - Debian mailing list policy:

Noted.

> For one thing, it says wrap your lines at 80 columns or less.

As you may have noticed, I do, and always have. I was debating whether
or not it's a good idea, but it was a purely academic discussion --
everyone here does anyway.

> Also, do not send carbon copies in reply to list messages unless the
> original poster explicitly requests it.

Done.

BTW, as it turns out, Evolution has a reply to list command, and one
that seems to work perfectly, but it's quite obscure! Other Evolution
users take note: there is a 'Reply to List' command in the 'Actions'
menu, and in each message's context menu.

> And as my M-F-T says, I'm explicitly asking you not to.

In a way I do not, and cannot reasonably be required to, understand.
I've gone over this already. Fortunately, I can safely ignore M-F-T
anyway; see above.

Alex.

--
PGP Public Key: http://aoi.dyndns.org/~alex/pgp-public-key