Re: survival skills for teenage geeks

On Friday, January 24, 2003, at 04:21  AM, Alexander Hvostov wrote:

On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 13:00, Vikki Roemer wrote:
On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 07:59:07PM -0800, Alexander Hvostov wrote:
On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 01:17, John Holroyd wrote:
Form yourself a LUG and teach these lost souls the truth of St. Ignucius
Bible and the Glory of Emacs. ;)

Why isn't there a religion of nano? I want to worship nano, dammit!!

Yeah!  Nano and XEmacs forever! :)

Nano is great on the console, and XEmacs is the best editor (IMHO) for
X (and for programming). OTOH, vi serves no good purpose
anywhere. IMHO. *grin*

I like gedit for quick edit jobs in X (along the lines of jove or nano
on the console), and jEdit for longer, more involved editing (most
notably, programming bigger than quick hacks).

I personally prefer BBEdit. (/me waits as everyone checks the X-Mailer header) But short a Quartz working environment I default to vi.

--
Paul Baker

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
         -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

GPG Key: http://homepage.mac.com/pauljbaker/public.asc