Re: Mailing list headers

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 02:51:31PM +0100, Johan Zaxmy said:

> So why doesn't debian-curiosa set the Reply-To header then ? It would make
> life a lot easier =)  (politics I assume...)

It would break useful functionality in mailers that are written
correctly, and increase the likelihood of private replies going to the
list mistakenly from broken mailers.

The dubious benefits are rather outweighed by this.  Anybody that
wants to set their own Reply-To: header is free to do so; why take
that freedom away from them?

--
"Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything offered to me as
the result of an unsolicited email message. Nor will I forward chain