Re: survival skills for teenage geeks

hello

> You probably don't believe that a Catholic HS religion teacher could be
> more concerned with loving the lord than any of the catholic doctrines
> but it's true. If time hadn't wiped most things from my memory I could
> give you enough examples to fill 10 threads. A lot of what he taught to
> the ones willing to listen was that bible is primarily just a book (or
> at least originally was) of short stories and poems based loosely on
> actual events and many (such as the creation stories) are pure fiction
> only intended to make a point. The bible is not supposed to be taken as
> an almanac of historical events. It is a story book. We did go over a

Perhaps there's some points commons with other religions ...
Like Great Water (not the time for translate here ;), Firsts Woman and Man,
Immortality and ...
Is the BigBang a sort of Genesis and BigCrunch (not in fashion theses days)
a sort of Gehenne ?
A lot of people (perhaps all of ours) needs something to believe.
There's a brain's region that make spirits vision when excited you know ?
Perharps sciences, politic, and religion are the same way for Truth ?
And kernel hacking is a very high way to illumination too ...

apt-cache search God
[cut]
angband - A single-player, text-based, dungeon simulation

Life is a big comic lonely abscons simulate way ...

Oh ... too late in my country, must work for eat tomorrow, no, today !
My head is burning now ! Go to bed !

David Dumortier
Quotation (mine) :
"Madness is a way of life"

PS : linux <-> $$$ or Debian <-> Hat is perharps a good deal around table,
and perharps metaphysic for computer scientists, but don't want to convert
anyone, just have fun with my boxes, and eat on my keyboard to make him
heavier.