Re: survival skills for teenage geeks

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 03:11:32PM +0100, Volker Tanger wrote:
> E.g. while being catholic myself I was attending the local
> witches (wicca,asatru,...)

Hate to break it to you, but asatru is not a branch of wicca.  We are
not "witches" of any sort.  We are heathen, we are polytheistic, and
some of our number do study magic and/or divination, but magical
practice is not the basis of our religion.  (If you're interested in
such things, http://www.webcom.com/~lstead/wicatru.html is a pretty
good writeup on "exactly how and where the (few) relationships and
(many) differences between Ásatrú and Wicca exist.")  And, yes, there
are plenty of us who don't like being mixed up with wiccans.

Glad to see someone who at least knows the name, though!

"Asatru has as much to do with wicca as it has to do with
christianity, which is to say, absolutely nothing.  And that's too
damn much as it is." - Seen in alt.religion.asatru many years ago; I
wish I could attribute it properly, but I cannot.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that