Re: survival skills for teenage geeks

Respectfully I desagree.
José Saramago is a NOVELIST, not an historian. This GOSPEL is anovel not an
historic text. Jesus only wrote once in his life (as has been recorded by
history) and it was with the adulterous woman. She was condemed to death by
the jewish law and the pharisees bought Jesus to her and tell him if she was
to be condemend. It was a trap since if Jesus told them to save her they
would have said that He was against the jewish law, and if He said that the
should kill her they would say that he condemed her without proof.
But he responded superbely. The text say that he wrote something with a stick
on the sand and then said : let he who is free of guilt throw the first stone.
They do not tell us what He wrote, but it was probably some common sins like
lies, envy or something like that. Since the people in the mob saw their own
sins, they could not throw her the stone and the left in shame. When they all
left Jesus said to her: Where are those who condem you.
She said thay have left Master
He then teld her I do not condem you also, Go in peace and do not sin
(I have written everything from memory and translated it from spanish to
english)
But apart from this story, Jesus never wrote anything. This is very common to
spiritual leaders: Buda and Socrates did not write also.
Saramango's gospel is his gospel. Is what he thinks. A very suspicious gospel
that was written 2000 years after Jesus by someone that not only never meet
Jesus but also by someone who hates Jesus follower (eg. Christians)
Yours,

Paulo Vila