[a-z]grep

I've never fully realized the extent to which 'grep' has become a
household word amongst *nix users, until today I got an idea for another
grep variant. To avoid a name conflict, I searched Google for agrep,
bgrep, cgrep, ... etc..

To my horror, I found that *every* letter of the alphabet has been used!!
There is a variant of grep from agrep all the way to zgrep (and possibly
more with a >1-char prefix). Some of these are actually DOS/win32 versions
of grep. Reminds me of that UF comic about the evolution of human
language, where it started with "uga", "ug" and ended up with "sed, awk,
grep". :-P

Out of curiosity, I also searched for [a-z]awk, but it didn't seem as
ubiquitous as grep.

Now, if only Google had regex searching (googrep, anyone? :-P), I'd do a
search on [a-z]+grep just to see what else turns up.

Lawyer: (n.) An innocence-vending machine, the effectiveness of which depends
on how much money is inserted.