Re: debian-trivia

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 11:00:25PM +0000, Hugh Saunders said:

> this whole thread is a tribute to how linux makes old hardware usefull,
> the last posts are sugguestions for how we can make old hardware even
> more usefull by tuning stuff.

Except the one to which I replied, and which I quoted, which strongly
implied that we should expect the software to suck on four-year-old
hardware.  That is likely to be taken to further imply that we should
therefore not worry about optimizing it to not suck on such hardware.

--
Shawn McMahon            | Emacs: It's a nice OS, but to compete with
AIM work: spmcmahonfedex | Linux or Windows it needs a better text