Re: Next meeting -- 11th July, 6pm UTC

On Fri, Jul 07, 2023 at 11:11:08AM +0100, Sean Whitton wrote:
> - Updates on merged-/usr
>   -- if, Helmut, you think this would be useful this month?

Let me summarize what has happened. The rewrite of DEP17 has seen wider
circulation and little feedback. It seems to me that we have consensus
on favouring a solution that does not rely on changes to dpkg as primary
mechanism (for reasons that we disagree about). In order to move
forward, we need figure out how to mitigate the loss of aliasing
symlinks, which seems to be a topic with strong disagreement.

I suspect that merged-/usr is now largely blocked on my availability,
which isn't helped by vacation time. There's lots of actionable things
on my todo list that are unblocked now.

> - DebConf23 presentation arrangements

I'll not be there physically.

Helmut