Re: Dispute resolution in Debian

Hi folks,

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 07:01:23PM -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:
>On Sun 26 Jul 2020 at 07:59PM -07, Felix Lechner wrote:
>>
>> Like any court, the Community Team and Technical Committee should be
>> able provide independent solutions of their own design. Ideally, the
>> judges at the lower level, i.e. the Community Team, would be elected.
>
>I think we think of the community team as mostly about the CoC -- not
>just strict violations but conformance with its spirit -- whereas the TC
>is about disagreements which do not involve (or do not primarily
>involve) CoC issues.  In which case, the relationship between the two
>would not really fit the model you suggest.

Correct - we're *mostly* targeting very different areas. There *can*
be some overlap, but I don't see this working as Felix suggests. No
harm in proposing new ideas, though!

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
 English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on
 occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them
 unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."  -- James D. Nicoll