Request for input -- rethinking the role of the TC

Dear Ian,

On Sat 18 Jul 2020 at 10:16AM -07, Sean Whitton wrote:

> On Sat 18 Jul 2020 at 04:29PM +02, Margarita Manterola wrote:
>
>> The doc collects the main problems that have been raised about the TC
>> and a bunch of proposals of what we can do about it. Neither list is
>> complete and your input is welcome.
>>
>> I've created it as a Markdown doc in our git repo and created a merge
>> request for it, so if you want, you can add your comments to that MR:
>> https://salsa.debian.org/debian/tech-ctte/-/merge_requests/1
>
> I think that the document is well-written.  Thank you for working on it.
> I am particularly keen to discuss the "private discussion", "allow
> design work" and "allow the TC to be invoked early" proposals.  Your
> descriptions of those seem complete.

As the original author of our constitution, I would like to ask you to
take a look at the three proposals for TC reform I list in the quoted
message.  Would it be possible for you to summarise the rationale for
these restrictions on how the TC works, or provide us some links to old
discussions, please?

I am hoping that this can help us better determine precisely how to
loosen these restrictions.

Thanks!

--
Sean Whitton